1. What is Blindfold?
If you’re looking to meet someone new or are already in a relationship, Blindfold is for you! Download the iOS app and make an account by signing in with Facebook or via email. Then you will be asked if you are looking to “Meet Someone New” or looking to “Invite a Partner” to play with. If you are looking to “Meet Someone New,” your profile will be visible to other users.
The basic “hot or not” dating apps are finally a thing of the past. Blindfold is an app designed to curate a list of potential matches just for you based on your answers to our initial Preference Deck. Once completed, the Blindfold algorithm displays possible matches with compatibility stars enabling quality, relevant, and meaningful matches. Blindfold gives you the option to connect and get to know your match in a fun and playful way by choosing from the hundreds of decks which include topics such as Date Night, Lazy Sunday, Let’s Drink!, I Am, Vices, and much more. After the completion of each deck, you will be able to see which cards you and your partner both matched on and then talk about certain topics and continue to grow the relationship one swipe at a time.
If you already have a partner in mind for the Blindfold app, you can simply invite a partner to play with and instantly have access to the Blindfold games. Your profile will be hidden from public view unless you turn on “discoverable” in Settings.
Download the Blindfold app for iOS now.
2. Where can I download Blindfold?
Blindfold is currently available on the Apple App Store. Blindfold will be available on the Google Play store in the future.
3. Is Blindfold free?
Blindfold is a free app to download. The entire app is free to use; however, if you’re looking to take things to the next level, you’ll want to purchase the Blindfold Premium subscription which includes over 75 intimate decks and various other specialized content to play. The subscription service is $2.99/month or $23.49/annually.
4. Can I use Blindfold anywhere?
Blindfold is currently only available in the United States and Canada.
1. How do I create a Blindfold account?
Once you download the Blindfold app, you will make an account by signing up through Facebook or email. You will be asked to enter your first name, birthday, and gender. You will then choose to “Meet Someone New” or “Invite a Partner” to play with.
2. What does it mean to “Meet Someone New”?
This means that you are discoverable to other users in the app and your profile will be displayed to possible matches. First, you will play the initial Preference Deck so our algorithm can match you with the most relevant users. You will then have access to possible matches and swipe through these users profiles to show interest or not. If both users swipe to the right on each other’s profile, you will be matched and they will be considered a ‘match.’ Once considered a match, they will show up in your connections tab and you will be able to play the Blindfold game with them and chat.
3. What does it mean to “Invite a Partner” to play with?
This means that you are not discoverable and your profile is not visible to other users in the app. You will need to invite your partner within the Blindfold app. Simply click on the ‘Add a Partner Now’ button via your connection’s page. A pre-populated text message will appear with an invitation link and simply add the contacts you wish.
1. What is a connection?
A “new match” is someone that you have matched with through discovery. Once you start a new game with a match or send them a message they will move to the “partner’s” section. If you invited a contact they will automatically be considered a partner.
2. How can I unmatch with someone?
Go to the partner’s navigation icon> swipe left next to the partner you are looking to delete > click “Delete.”
3. How can I report offensive behavior or flag a user?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to report offensive behavior and you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of receipt.
1. How do I start seeing potential matches?
You must enable “Discoverable.” If you didn’t choose “Meet Someone New” when signing up for an account, you must turn on discoverable via settings or tap the middle navigation icon and “Turn Discover On.”
2. What do the 5 stars represent?
Based on the initial Preference Deck that you have completed, the stars symbolize how compatible you are with a given user. (Five stars represents being the most compatible.)
3. How can I edit my match preferences?
- Tap the bottom settings icon> Turn “Discoverable” on> tap “Match Preferences”
- You can edit who you’re interested in as well as your age and distance preferences.
4. Why did I run out of people to match with?
There is currently no one that matches your match preferences. Try expanding your match preferences by widening the age and distance criteria that you are interested in. Our app is constantly growing, so if no matches are present after widening your age and distance criteria, check back in a few days or invite a partner from your contact list.
1. Once I match with a user or have invited a partner, what’s next?
There’s so much more to Blindfold than just a dating app. Once you have matches or partners populated in your connection’s tab, click on that user. You will now automatically be entered into your partners view. From here you will see a deck, chat, history, and a profile icon relating to that specific partner. You can choose from hundreds of games to play, chat with them, see previous game history, and view their profile.
2. How do I play a game with my someone that I have matched with?
Tap on a match or partner from your connections list and choose from the large variety of decks. Your partner will receive a push notification that you have started a new game with them. Once you both swipe through the 21 game cards you will be able to view what you matched on and chat further.
3. How do I send my partner a message?
Head over to your partners view and tap on the chat icon to start chatting.
4. How can I review previous game history with my partner?
Once you have entered into your partners view, you will see the history icon.You will be able to see all of the decks that you have played with that specific partner as well as the cards that you showed similar interests in.
1. How do I edit my Profile
- Tap the settings icon on the bottom navigation bar
- Click edit profile
2. How do I enable location services if I accidentally declined it?
- Open your device settings
- Scroll down and select Blindfold
- Find the location option and make sure that “While Using the App” is selected
3. How can I change my location?
Your location is automatically tracked and cannot be changed manually. If you believe something is wrong with your location, you may contact email@example.com.
4. How can I manage notifications?
Go to iOS Settings > Notifications > Blindfold
5. What is discoverable mode?
- Discoverable mode is enabled if you’re using Blindfold to meet someone new. Your profile will be public for other users to view who are using the Blindfold app. If you’re not discoverable, your profile will be private and you can only use Blindfold to invite users that you know through your contacts.
- To update if you’re discoverable or not, tap on your settings icon and toggle the Discoverable feature on or off.
6. How can I change my password?
If you’re logged out of the app, on the sign-in page select forgot password. Once you enter your recovery email, you will receive a link in your inbox to reset your password.
7. How do I delete my profile?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your account and you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of receipt that your account has been deleted.
Blindfold Premium Subscription
1. How do I purchase the Blindfold Premium subscription?
You may purchase the Blindfold Premium subscription by going to settings and tapping Unlock Premium Decks.
2. What does the Blindfold Premium subscription include?
The Blindfold Premium subscription includes over 75 additional decks of sexy, intimate content and various other specialized content to play. New exclusive content is released monthly.
3. How do I cancel my Blindfold Premium subscription membership?
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID
- Tap Subscriptions
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage
- Tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription